When are you most likely to toss away all the effort you put into a hard workout? Chances are, that time is snack time, and when you’re reaching for something easy, you’re probably also reaching for something calorie laden and indulgent. You can indulge in something delicious without undoing all your personal trainer’s hard work, and we want to out like 5 quick snacks your personal trainer will approve of:
- Low sodium jerky – Jerky is tasty, it’s chewy, and it’s great lean protein. The lean protein factor will help you to feel satisfied by your snack, while not filling your body back up with all the empty calories your personal trainer just helped you to burn away. Jerky of the low sodium variety is even heart-healthy and helps to keep your daily sodium levels in check without sacrificing the flavor you want.
- Roasted nuts – Like jerky, roasted nuts are protein packed and low calorie, and they’re a perfect choice for those who don’t eat meat but still want a protein rich and filling snack to enjoy. Peanuts, almonds, cashews, or soy nuts roasted with honey, wasabi, or other favorite seasonings give you that pop of flavor, satisfying crunch, and a contently full belly without too many calories to worry about. Want to make your snack even more interesting? Grab a few different types of nuts and mix them up!
- Cheese – A string cheese stick, a bit of cheddar, or a cup of cottage cheese – cheese is a great protein rich snack. A bit higher in the fat and calorie count when compared to nuts or jerky, cheese is a snack that is worthwhile when it comes to choosing what to spend those calories on. Low-fat cheeses can cut into that calorie and fat count without compromising flavor.
- Nut butters – Nut butters smeared on an apple, celery, or even alone are another great quick protein rich snack. Cashew butter, peanut butter, and almond butter all have their own unique flavor, making this a quick personal trainer approved snack that never gets boring.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Alone, added to a salad, or accompanied by fruit or cheese, you can’t go wrong with a good hard-boiled egg. Eggs can be hard boiled ahead of time or purchased pre-boiled, so you have a filling and delicious easy to reach for protein rich snack that also provides the benefit of plenty of antioxidants.
Snacking right is just part of your personal trainer transformation journey. For 3 Risk-Free Personal Training Sessions with a Certified, Insured Personal Trainer & a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee on any Program, Call Us today to see how you can get your summer fitness regimen started.