Getting a snack craving can be pretty deadly to your weight loss and fitness goals. Sure, once in a while it may not be so bad, but allowing snacking to become a habit can quickly send you off the rails and traveling far from your goals. With the help of your nutritional coach Charlotte, Ballantyne, or Marvin NC, you can curb those snack cravings while not only staying on track but giving your body a helping hand. 5 simple snacks and sides to boost your metabolism are:
1. Spinach – Spinach in salads, cooked spinach, or meals prepared with spinach as a main ingredient does great things for your metabolism. A leafy green, spinach is packed with healthy fiber, and help to increase the rate in which your body burns fat by up to 30%. If you’re not a fan of spinach in recipes or as a snack, it’s also incredibly easy to hide with fresh fruits and vegetables in a healthy smoothie.
2. Watermelon – If you’re craving a sweet snack, don’t reach for chocolate or ice cream when you could have a slice of fresh watermelon instead. While watermelon is high in sugar, which will calm that sweet tooth, it’s also high in the fat fighting amino acid arginine. A study in the Journal of Nutrition found that arginine introduced into nutrition can help to reduce fat up to 60% in some cases.
3. Seaweed – In wraps and smoothies, seaweed is an excellent metabolism boosting snack or side. Seaweed is rich in iodine, which helps the thyroid to produce hormone more efficiently, essentially giving your metabolism a natural boost. Too much iodine can be a bad thing, however, and seaweed intake should be kept around a couple of times a week.
4. Grapefruit – Grapefruit isn’t just delicious and full of vitamin C, it’s also a nutritionist favorite when it comes to metabolism boosting. Grapefruit is proven to lower insulin levels, while being full of healthy fiber.
5. Chia seeds – Chia seeds have been a nutritionist favorite for several years now, and not only do these powerful small seeds boost your metabolism, they are incredibly versatile. Chia seeds can be added to everything from yogurt and oatmeal, to salads, smoothies, and main dishes, filling your snacks with omega 3’s, fiber, and protein all at once.
Call now for three risk free, complimentary sessions. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all of our packages.