If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to boost your nutrients for the day, consider adding chia seeds to your diet. These tiny seeds made from the Salvia HIspanica have a mild nutty flavor. They can be easily sprinkled on dishes like salads, oatmeal, or yogurt or adding to your protein smoothie. Here are our nutritional counselor’s favorite ways to incorporate them into your diet.
Nutritional Benefits Of Chia Seeds
Before we get to the recipes, it’s important to understand why chia seeds are considered so healthy. These tiny seeds are densely packed with nutrition. In a single ounce (about two tablespoons) of chia seeds there are:
● 4 grams of protein
● 11 grams of fiber
● 5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids
They are also loaded with calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorous. Chia seeds also contain high amounts of zinc, B vitamins, and potassium. The nutritional profile makes them perfect for both pre and post-workout snacking.
Delicious Chia Seed Recipes
1. Basic Chia Seed Pudding: Probably the most popular way to eat chia seeds is as a pudding. Here is a basic recipe that you can make and add your favorite delicious flavors like fruits, chocolate, or even green tea.
2. Seedy Oat Crackers: Loaded with chia, sunflower, sesame, and over healthy seeds, these oat crackers are great paired with cheeses, fruits, and nut butters.
3. No Bake Blueberry-Chia Jam Bars: Great for breakfast or sweet snacking on the go, these easy to make jam bars are loaded with other healthy ingredients like blueberries, dates, and oats.
4. Super-Seedy Gluten-Free Bread: This dense bread is great for both people with and without gluten intolerances. This bread is so tasty it doesn’t even need a spread!
5. Double Chocolate Chia Cake Doughnuts: Sometimes you just want a doughnut. With this recipe, you can satisfy your cravings without ruining your diet with a sugary treat.
6. Coconut Chia Protein Pancakes: Want an awesome energy boost on your breakfast plate? Try these delicious, protein-rich pancakes. Top with your favorite fresh fruit and you’ll be powered for the whole day!
7. Cauliflower Medallions: Great as a side or a main course, these cauliflower medallions are delicious and work with anyone’s diet. We love them served with a tomato salad.
8. Chia Chipotle Dressing: Look for a bold and spicy way to dress up your favorite salad. This power packed chia seed dressing is a great alternative to the sugary store-bought dressings.
Remember if you are ever looking for healthy recipes, our nutritional counselors are always here to help. When you sign up for small group fitness training or one-on-one personal training, you also get dietary guidance to help you reach your goals faster!
Call us now for 3 risk-free, complimentary sessions. We include a 30-day guarantee on all of our packages.