Running is one of the best workouts to burn calories. An average sized person burns around 400 calories an hour when running. However, not everyone is a runner. Some of us simply don’t enjoy the workout, no matter how bad we want to burn those calories. Luckily, there are some other workouts that burn calories at a higher rate than running that our personal trainer in Charlotte. Here are some things to try:
1. Jumping Rope: Your childhood favorite exercise is also one of the best workouts for burning calories. In an hour of continuously jumping you can burn a whopping 800-1000 calories. That’s burning about half of what most healthy people eat in a day.
2. Kettlebell Swings: Kettlebell swings like jumping rope burns serious calories. At 1,212 calories per hour, investing a set of kettlebells is well worth it! They are pretty intense so don’t expect to immediately be able to swing for a full hour.
3. Boxing: Boxing is a great calorie burner. The average boxer burns 650 calories an hour. If you’re worried about getting hit don’t worry, you can burn the same amount of calories without ever stepping into the ring. A punching bag will help you burn as many calories as an opponent.
4. Burpees: Burpees are known for their strengthening capability. They are a favorite among people who love to train hard. They aren’t just great for building strong muscles fast, they also burn 563 calories per hour! Burpees are a perfect workout for those looking to lose weight because not only will you burn a ton of calories during the workout, the more muscles you build, the more resting calories you will burn.
5. Rock Climbing: Rock climbing burns 500-900 depending on the difficulty of the climb. If you don’t live near the mountains, don’t worry. You’ll burn the same amount of calories on an indoor rock wall.
6. Dancing: An intensive cardio workout, just like running, dancing 450 calories an hour. However, dancing is way more fun than running. No matter what style of dance you enjoy, if you move your feet to the beat, you’ll also beat calories.
7. Rowing: Rowing is a whole body workout and burns 450 calories an hour. Luckily you don’t have to row crew to get these benefits. Just hit the rowing machine at your gym.
If you aren’t a runner, no worries. You can still burn a lot of calories an hour with some of these workouts. If you’re interested in getting started with one of these, talk to our personal trainers in Charlotte. We’ll help you find the calorie burning workout that is right for you and make sure that your form is correct you don’t injure yourself. Call now for 3 risk-free, complimentary sessions. We include a 30-day guarantee on all of our packages.