No matter what your fitness goals are, diet is crucial to achieving them. If you are trying to strengthen and build muscles, there are some nutrients that can help you reach your goal faster if incorporated into your diet. Here are the best foods to eat for building muscle:
1. Eggs: Eggs are a perfect food for building muscle. They are rich in zinc, iron, and calcium which are all important nutrients for healthy muscles and they have 6-8 grams of protein per serving!
2. Fish: Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, fish is an anti-inflammatory that helps your muscles recover quickly from an intense workout. Muscle recovery is critical to achieving your gains.
3. Nuts: Nuts are amazing. Just a handful offers a blast of energy that can get you through any tough workout. They are loaded with protein and healthy fats that support muscle building.
4. Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese is loaded with casein protein. Casein is a slow-digesting protein that helps keep your blood amino acids high over time. Amino acids provide the building blocks for muscle. Mixed with the live cultures that provide probiotics for easy digestion, this is the perfect food for gains.
5. Lentils: Lentils provide the perfect blend of protein and carbs. Just one cup contains 18 grams of protein and 40 grams of complex carbs to keep you energized through any weight training session.
6. Brown Rice: A surprising addition to the list, brown rice actually has 5 grams of protein per cup and a high amount of BCAAs, both essential to building muscle.
7. Peas: Peas are also loaded with protein, BCAAs, and contain glutamine. Glutamine helps reduce the breakdown of muscle after working out so you don’t experience muscle loss.
8. Quinoa: Quinoa is loaded with iron, magnesium, and B6 which are all essential nutrients for muscle development. This simple grain also provides 8 grams of protein per cup.
9. Lean Beef: Loaded with protein, amino acids, and creatine, as well as B-vitamins, iron, and healthy fats, a piece of lean beef contains basically a complete nutritional profile for building muscle.
10. Venison: If you know any hunters, Venison is an amazing meat for building muscle. Just 3oz of venison contains a whopping 31 grams of protein! That’s almost your full daily value.
These ten foods will give your body the nutrients it needs to build strong muscles. If you’d like to learn more about what you can eat to increase your gains consider nutritional coaching with a certified personal trainer at Everlasting Changes. We offer the complete fitness package to help you get both the diet and the exercise you need to achieve your goals.
Call now for three risk free, complimentary sessions. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all of our packages.