There’s no better way to start your day than a morning coffee run. However, many of the coffee drinks at our favorite shop are very unhealthy. Though a caramel mocha macchiato with extra whipped cream may sound delicious, they are loaded with sugar. The worst thing you can do is start your day with that much sugar, because you will have a hard crash mid-morning which can screw up your entire day. You can still get something delicious at the coffee shop without consuming a week’s worth of refined sugar.
Three Tips To Ensure You Always Order Something Healthy
Here are some really easy guidelines to follow when looking over the menu at your local coffee shop:
1. Stay away from sugars, syrups, and even artificial sweeteners. If you want to add a little flavor opt for cinnamon or nutmeg instead.
2. Check the calorie count and try to keep it under 100 calories. If you stay under 100 calories you won’t derail your diet.
3. Stick to the basics like black coffee, tea, and espresso. These drinks are low carb, low-calorie, and delicious all on their own.
Nutritionist-Recommended Coffee Shop Drinks
If you follow the guidelines you’ll be able to make sure you order something that supports your healthy diet. If you are still a little lost, here are some ideas on what you can order:
1. Chai Tea Latter: Use a low-fat milk or milk substitute and ask them to skip the sweetener.
2. Skinny Latte: Many coffee shops offer low calorie, sweetener-free lattes in a variety of tasty flavors.
3. Iced Tea or Coffee: An ice tea or coffee, even blended is a really healthy option and perfect for a summer day. Consider getting a flavored tea or coffee, just make sure there’s no extra sweeteners.
4. Cappuccino: If you want something creamy, get a cappuccino. Just make sure you order it with a low-fat milk option instead of cream.
5. Americano: Americano is a espresso shot mixed with water. It’s delicious and will give you a strong burst of caffeine.
You don’t have to give up your morning coffee routine to stick to a healthy diet. Instead, just remember these nutritionist-approved tips. The nutritionists at Everlasting Changes understand how important your lifestyle is to you. So we work with you to make sure that you can still do things like grab a morning coffee from your favorite spot. We just make sure that you know how to grab the healthiest option. For more nutritional tips for your life, call now for 3 risk-free, complimentary sessions. We include a 30-day guarantee on all of our packages.